Productivity is important for business growth and development. In this blog, we going to take a look at 6 simple steps to increase productivity.
If you’re reading this blog, you’re asking yourself the following question:
How do you Increase Productivity?
We wish we had an easy answer for you. Unfortunately, there is no single strategy to increase productivity.
The path to increasing productivity differs from one business to another, depending on the issues you’re facing.
But, if you’re confused about where to start, you’ve come to the right place.
In this post, we’ll look at six simple ways to boost your productivity – no matter what your issues are.
We’ll also talk about why improving productivity is important and how to identify low productivity in your team.
Why is it important to Improve Productivity?
Productivity is important for business growth and development.
Because the more productive you are, the more output you will have. As a result, you have a better chance of increasing sales and growing your business.
How to identify Low Productivity
Several factors can cause low productivity, but there are a few common signs to look out for:
- You’re not hitting company goals: If your team isn’t meeting organizational goals and things are falling behind, it could be due to a lack of productivity. It’s also possible that your goals are overly ambitious, therefore it’s up to you to figure out where the problem lies.
- Poor quality of work: If an employee is under pressure to reach an unrealistic quota, the quality of their work may suffer. As a result, you spend time bringing the quality up to the mark and asking them to redo their work. As you can expect, this isn’t good for productivity.
- Team members seem distracted: More than 70% of employees spend time at work thinking about something in their personal lives. Of those, 41% said it made them less productive.
Talk to anyone on your team who appears to be thinking about anything. You might be able to ease some of their concerns and clear their mind so they can focus on the work at hand.
6 Simple Ways To Increase Employee Productivity
If you’ve noticed low productivity in your team, you might be asking how you might improve things.
Fortunately, we’ve outlined 6 productivity tips for you.
But keep in mind that this isn’t a definitive guide to increasing productivity levels.
It’s a good place to start. However, before you can figure out how to boost your team’s productivity, you must first determine what the problem is.
Let’s take a look at 6 simple steps to increase productivity.
1. Increase Employee Engagement
According to research, high employee engagement has a positive impact on productivity.
It gives employees a personal connection to the organization, motivating them to work hard, be productive, and generate results.
So how can you increase employee engagement?
Here are a few tips:
- Schedule catch-ups and one-on-one meetings. Spend time catching up with your team one-on-one. This shows that you care about their work and want to see them succeed.
- Provide regular feedback. Schedule time in your calendar to provide feedback on their performance. Whether it’s a full performance review or simply sharing your thoughts on important tasks.
- Encourage collaboration. Helping your team’s collaboration is an excellent approach to keep everyone interested by working as a team. To keep everyone on the same page, you might want to consider adopting a work management system.
2. Avoid Unnecessary Meetings
According to an Owl Labs study, employees lose more than an hour of workplace productivity each day due to meetings:
It may not appear to be much, but it adds up. The average employee appears to be productive for only 2 hours and 53 minutes per day, so you’ll need all the time you can get.
So what’s the solution?
The first step is to go over the meetings you currently have. Examine your calendar and ask yourself the following questions to identify an unnecessary meeting:
- Does everyone invited to this meeting need to be there?
- Can you shorten the length of the meeting?
- Is this meeting necessary, or would an email suffice?
You can help your team to increase productivity by reviewing the time, length, and content of your meetings.
3. Set Realistic Goals
There’s a fine line between creating goals that challenge your team and creating completely unrealistic goals.
For employee morale to stay high, you need to tread carefully.
So how do you create the right balance?
First things first, make sure your goal setting follows the SMART framework.
With SMART goals in place, you’ll have clarity about what you want to achieve, how you plan to achieve it, and when it’s due.
As a result, you and your team can define realistic goals and milestones to work toward. This keeps employees motivated and engaged, which boosts overall productivity, as we all know.
4. Encourage Regular Breaks
Nobody can work at 100% all of the time. It’s not possible.
That’s where work breaks can come in handy.
Taking breaks during work hours has been shown in studies to increase energy levels. Productivity and mental health can suffer if these breaks are not taken.
But how can you encourage regular breaks, especially if your team does remote work?
We’d suggest time blocking.
Time blocking is a form of scheduling that helps increase productivity by focusing work on specific blocks of time.
And it doesn’t just have to be for work tasks.
Scheduling breaks during work hours allows your employees to plan and stick to their downtime. They don’t have to feel bad about taking a break because it’s part of the everyday routine.
As a result, when employees return from their break, they are energized, refreshed, and motivated to work.
5. Keep Your Team Accountable
First things first, what is workplace accountability?
Put simply, it’s when employees are responsible for their actions and performance.
Holding your team accountable for their work provides them with the motivation they need to get things done. In other words, it encourages them to use their time productively.
So how can you hold your team accountable?
Let’s take a look:
- Be clear on what you expect: It’s useless to hold individuals accountable for their work if they don’t understand what they’re accountable for. Make it clear what you expect them to do.
- Ask for updates on progress: Checking in on progress reminds your team that they need to be on top of what they’re doing.
- Encourage team members to work together: If team members are working together, they have a responsibility to one another. This develops a sense of accountability not only to themselves but also to their colleagues.
- Using work management software: Implementing a team-wide platform gives everyone visibility into the entire project. Everyone can see what they are responsible for, what their teammates are working on, and how the project is progressing.
6. Manage Time Efficiently
It is not uncommon for employees to feel stress from time to time.
However, with 41% of employees reporting that stress makes them less productive, you may want to consider how you might relieve some of that stress.
So what can you do to reduce stress for your employees?
Effective time management can certainly help.
Time management is a difficult skill to master. However, when done correctly, it eliminates stress and allows people to focus on their work.
If you’re wondering how you can help employees better manage their time, consider implementing a work management software like Restyabaord.
With Restyaboard software, you can easily plan your entire schedule and prioritize tasks. This makes it much easier for employees to stay on top of their workload and be as productive as possible.
Using Restyaboard to Improve Productivity
Restyaboard helps teams be productive. You can streamline your processes, manage your workflow, and keep track of every project — all from one location.
You can customize all of our templates to your liking, allowing you and your team to be as productive as possible.
Let’s take a look at some of these features in more detail.
1. Streamline Your Processes
Whether you’re automating your processes or integrating third-party tools into your workflow, Restyaboard allows you to easily streamline your processes.
As a result, you can spend more time being productive, and less time worrying about the efficiency of your workflow.
2. Effective Communication
We know how important it is for teams to communicate. As a result, the Restyaboard platform enables users to communicate and collaborate on all of their projects with ease.
You can leave comments, tag users, and even provide team-wide updates on a specific task.
And by collaborating effectively, teams can be more productive with their time.
3. Track And Manage Your Time
Time tracking allows you to see how your team is spending their time, and whether they’re as productive as they could be.
With Restyaboard, you can easily track time spent on specific tasks and projects.
Using this information, you can help your team manage their time efficiently and be as productive as possible.
As we’ve already mentioned, the path to increase productivity varies from business to business.
Although we’ve given you a solid starting point and outlined some small changes you can make, you need to do a productivity evaluation to find out exactly what actions you need to take.
And using a work management system like Restyaboard is the perfect place to start.
Restyaboard platform is for teams like yours that want to improve their workflow and help their teams be as productive as possible.